Tuesday, November 9, 2010

William Kamen

September 2010 Update

LOST LOVE
© William Kamen

A virtuous love she once had,
Lost, like footprints in a changing tide,
on an avenue of conflicting emotions,
reflecting the vulnerability of her heart.

Time slowed, like broken hands on a clock,
and could not ease her pain, and pacify her mind and heart.
Feelings of hurt and betrayal confronted
her tamed nature of reality.

When she is lonely and full of despair,
and in the depths of hopelessness, she looks to her soul,
and dreams of the love her heart once knew,
and seeks solace in a lost love song.


THE STORM
© William Kamen

On a warm Spring morning,
Children are laughing and playing,
Fathers are spraying their young lawns,
And Mothers are planting their gardens.

By afternoon the sky quickly blackens,
Day becomes night, darkness induces fear
Among the residents,

The unruly wind blows the rain,
And the rain adheres to the leaves with tears.
The wind intensifies.
Birds struggle to fly.
Children are crying.

Suddenly a snake like cloud appears over the picturesque hills,
Fear turns to panic.
Residents attempt to find safety from the approaching storm.

A young mother and child,
Struck down by the wind,
Struggles to stand.
A father and son alone in a church,
Crawl under a communion table,
Praying for protection

In a moment, which seems like a lifetime,
The storm is over.

Within the shattered homes and scattered rubble,
A dying woman is found with her baby cuddled beneath her crying.
A father and son are found beneath the communion table in a church,
The entire church is gone except for the father and son and that table.


August 2010 Update

TIME AND LOVE
© William Kamen

Waiting, longing for love, slowed time.
Quietly sitting dormant like a volcano,
the slow pace of time tormented my soul.
I failed to see the signs appearing before my eyes.

The passage of time, darkened my sorrow,
like the night sky bringing sadness to a few.
Day after day my soul bides time.
For all things to pass.

Time did not rest, finding love was quickly fading.
The cycle of time awakened my soul,
to a clear knowledge of a time past.
Bonding time and love eternally.


July 2010 Issue

BLACK TIDE
© William Kamen

The seabirds circle above the darkened water,
beholding the water's repelling betrayal.
The flightless penguins without sweaters
struggle for survival,

Whereas man thrives and preens,
seabirds and penguins can no longer.

The tainted seaweed cries,
lies hidden under the sunlight
binding without salvation.

Paradise lost in the circle of life
to satisfy human self for wealth.


THE LAST VOYAGER
© William Kamen

The summer oasis held their cravings,
escaping from the clamor and bustle
of the heartless reality.

The nurturing summers
unlocked his emotional isolation.

Drifting away, they would
Come back on a
Crest of a new day.

Sailing on a vessel of embodiment,
Cherishing the freedom from within,
Realizing no man can be an island.

The raging sea,
The untamed waves
Crushing her heart.

Beneath a moonlit sky,
Adrift in pleasure,
Bonding their love together.

Many summers came and went,
her love never swayed
in celebration of their summers together.

The ruby canvas,
aged and tired,
yet her appearance
still pleasing to the eye.

Beyond the twilight,
They cast off to a distant star.
Their final voyage.


HIDDEN LOVE
© William Kamen

Standing in silence,
where land meets the sea,
I have come to talk to you again,
with unspoken words of love,
frozen in time,
not stripped away by the passage of time.

Like a beach-pea blossoming
and binding the sand,
a brief vision of all that is
beautiful is but a memory.

Time and affection abandoned me,
concealment surrounded my being,
words overshadowed with silence,
my soul conditioned to a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Where faint hope could never have soared,
someday you will die in my memory.


June 2010 Update

SENSES OF LOVE
© William Kamen

As I lay here with you,
in the still of the night,
watching you sleep,
I feel love that I cannot express.

As I listen to you breathe,
like a gentle sound from a wind instrument,
I start to reminiscence.

I render a gentle caress which
brings a wondrous bliss to my soul,
As I can feel my heart pulsating faster and faster

I render a gentle kiss and taste the nectar from your lips,
like a hummingbird tasting nectar from a flower.

As your sweet fragrance fills the air and becomes one,
Our love becomes one.

Love remains an eternal mystery,
which I can sense but not explain.


May 2010 Update

DARKNESS
© William Kamen

I am with her waiting for darkness to come
The time will come when her eyes will see
As darkness will be bearable when the angels descend

As the light on her face fades to dark
she whispers low into the darkening night
“you have given me the best in you everyday
now you give me piece of mind and comfort to my soul”—

As total darkness descends on her ,I look into her eyes and I
see—Forever Young


LIFE AND DEATH
© William Kamen

My life is a perpetual struggle between body and soul
My body wants to enjoy the world
My soul wants to better the world

My Life is full of fear and pain
In which soul and body must endure
Faith will cure then love will endure
Love will conquer wholly

Love empowers life until death
My soul beacons to the heavens above
While my mortal body turns to dust

No comments:

Post a Comment