Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lynda deGreif

July 2010 issue

ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL, DID YOU KNOW?
© Lynda deGreif

Please hold…we will be right with you
I’m sorry you were holding for so long…please hold
Yes, thank you for holding…oh, I am sorry,
I don’t handle that question, I’ll transfer you.
You have reached the customer service line,
If you have a problem with your service press 1
If you have a problem with your customer press 2
If you have a problem with this message, please hang up and call…
Hi, I can’t answer the phone right now
I am either away from my desk,
I am on another call or
I have been fired for never calling anyone back.
We all are sitting here, phone in hand
Talking as we are sipping coffee
Talking as we drive,
Talking in a movie or concert
Talking apparently just to survive.
Dear Alexander Graham Bell, did you ever imagine
Your invention that opened communication
Would be the death of interaction?


April 2010 Issue

YOU
© Lynda deGreif

A fresh page
Blank and calling
For ink or pen
Color or shade
A familiar face
Kind eyes and smile
Looking at you
Happy and sad


A bit of truth
To be told or kept
Investigating deeply
Falsehoods shed
And all of tomorrow
You keep for me
To share willingly
Passions deep.


SPRING
© Lynda deGreif

The time has changed.
We’ve lost an hour.
Spring has arrived.
Here come the flowers!


January 2010 Issue

HAITI
© Lynda deGreif

A rumble, a tumble, a heart beating fast
Shaken, disrupted, fear
Time stood still for seconds
And life changed directions
The rubble, the sorrow, lost in fright
Darkness, lonely, solitude
Hope was there beyond
When life changed directions
A Mother, A priest, a daughter in college
Waiting, calling, praying
The city stands together
As life changed directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment