Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Asteria

July 2010 Issue

ALL THE DUST
© Asteria

I see all the dust from the dusks of yesterday
Reflecting in the sunrises of tomorrow
And I realize in my hand I have the power of life.
Not in the shape of a gun,
Not in any type of steel like a knife,
I don’t hold any drug of today,
Nor is suicide a friend anymore.
Life is not controlled by these things,
So don’t be fooled.
The power of life is not only in my hand,
But it is also in yours.
This power is from a concise brain.
A brain able to reason between right and wrong,
Good and bad.
To see things without fear or anger.
To take things as they happen.
Controlling the way you a bad situation, to make it good
Brings you that much more power in your hand.
For after all, without power our machines of life
Cannot run.
And without your life or mine
The world becomes that much more weak and lifeless.


April 2010 Issue

Your Future Path
By Asteria

Secrets hide inside of you
I know I’ll never know
How can I touch your soul
If all I do is turn and leave.


Hope and dreams are what make life
But you say all of yours are gone
Fine, if that is how you truly feel
Then why did I bother to call.
I bothered because you do count and care
Cause no matter what you say
I know that you want life to be sweet
As the smell of flowers and rain.
So why not try living that way for once
By taking on the shadows and fight
You may not realize the strength you have
But you can go all the way.
Because sometime after the battle is won
There is a life you want to live.
Without the pain and fear
And tears are all worn away.
Believe me my dear friend
If just this once
The battle won’t be easy
Oh but the wonders you will win
It is worth the scars you might obtain
While fighting the battles in the rain
Yes hope and dreams are worth the fight
And I will be here at the end.


January 2010 Issue

UNIFIED
© by Asteria

When dancing in the waves
Do we not feel the sand
Gritty between our toes
Never drying to become land
As we zoom down highways
Do we not see the lives
Daily living and working together
Never united as all man
But hope binds us together
This mortal coil shall stand
To life and all the living
Death does all command

No comments:

Post a Comment